Digital signatures: the process explained
In general terms
- The initiator uploads the final document to an online e-signing service such as Docusign, or Adobe, or Scrive.
- The initiator sets up a list of recipients and assigns a role to each one of them. The roles allow each recipient to view, approve, sign or to delegate his/her access to another person.
- The list of recipients can be set up sequentially, so that Adam (approve) is invited first, Berta (sign) second, Cindy (sign) third etc.
- The online service will send invites to each recipient with a link to open the document and lead them through the process.
- When its their turn each recipients can interrupt the process by declining to approve or sign.
- The initiator can follow each step in real time and monitor the process
- Once every recipient has completed their task, the process is finalised and everybody will be notified. All parties receive the final legal document along with the certificate of validation.